Sunday, October 24, 2010

Don't be Stupid


I believe I stumbled upon this ad from another country. I think these ads are hilarious and clever; its a smart way for the condom company to promote their product and to promote safe sex.

The ad is mainly promoting the option of safe sex; a person going into combat without wearing the proper equipment to be safe. Also since the ad is showing 3 other men with proper gear on, it shows that other people are wearing condoms to be safe and its not a joke like war isn't a joke.

I don't think the ad is doing a proper job of promoting a specific type of condom brand, like Trojan. I believe that the ad is promoting the aspect of safe sex to prevent pregnancy and STDs. Viewers would remember this ad as a way to purchase condoms because not using a condom is like going into war wearing nothing.

This ad is targeting men or sexuality active couples. Mostly men buy the condoms so I would believe that men would be more likely to look at this ad and remember it.

This advertisment is original, I don't think in America we would see anything like this. Maybe this is why teen pregnancy is so high unlike in other countriessimilar to the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment